Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I am wanting to become a Video Game Graphics Designer. What should I do to prepare myself?

Should I go to a particular school? Self-taught? What computer programs would be better then others?



I haven't had much training in it, just say almost none. I want to work for Bioware, EB Games, Blizzard or any major game development company. I live in Oregon and don't know if I need to go to a particular school. I do know the regular gaming schools are not favored in most businesses. I am planning on majoring in computer science and minoring in art. Please help.I am wanting to become a Video Game Graphics Designer. What should I do to prepare myself?
If you want to work for a large gaming company like Blizzard and make games for them, you need to study all the computer programming languages - starting with C++.



You have the right idea and sound like you are on track. You need to Major in Information Computer Science and attend an established 4 year college. It helps if you minor in some study in relations to game development, like physics, mathematics or art design.



Also, during your college years of study, it is recommend you do some internships to have some experience under your belt by the time you graduate. Gaming studios don't just look at your diploma and grades, but also how much real experience you have already.



Typically you can intern for a small firm first or work at an organization or even for the college professor.



Good luck.I am wanting to become a Video Game Graphics Designer. What should I do to prepare myself?
if you study in holland you get high grade of education an learning in holland is free you even get goverment money for living expence's

No comments:

Post a Comment