Friday, March 9, 2012

Which Bioware game is better?

Do you prefer Dragon Age or Mass Effect 2? Why?



Which characters are your favorites from both games? Why?Which Bioware game is better?
Mass Effect 2 is the one that I prefer better. Now that doesn't mean I do not like Dragon Age because I do. My first reason is probable because I was a huge fan of Mass Effect, and have been waiting for this game for so long, so when it came out I was so excited and so mentally I just overlooked any fault's it had.



Pros and Cons for each this list is based on my mind and you may or may not agree with it all.



Mass Effect 2



Pros: Long story Line. Many Character all with complex back stories. Quest's are involved and party members make comments about their opinion of what is going on. Easy to learn leveling system. Collect Resources seems more like a simple game than bust work like in many other games with a similar system. Good Replay Value. New Game+ (replaying with same character). Lots of well organized plot twist's. Ability to import Mass Effect character. Side quest at times feel like just another part of the story. Great voice acting. Tom from Tunami. Complex romance system that can involve a number of characters. Comic relief. Leaves you wanting more. Cerberus Network. Finding a way to continue from a game that is not very linear, in terms of story line, and set up another sequel. Most games that do not have a set plot do not continue from the previous game, the only other I can think of is KOTOR but the second game didn't have a good plot like this series does. The ending is very ominous. Lot's of DLC, and most of it so far with the exception of 1 is free. Replay Value.



Cons: changes from the first such as ammo, leveling system, exp, diversity of weapons, upgrading weapons (not these probable won't be so bad for someone who is not a huge fan of Mass Effect already). Having to buy ship fuel, it makes sense but it just seems unnecessary. Simple leveling system, that is not as customizable as many other rpgs. Leaves you wanting more, this is in both pro's and con's because in a game with that is planning to have a sequel this is something that fans like to see, but unfortunately Mass Effect 3 won't be out for a while so the wait is going to seem like forever. This is really unpreventable in well made games that are going to have sequels though. Not many weapons. Only the N7 armor is customizable, I would have like to have seen a system where when you got new armors (DLC sets), instead of having them be a separate suit entirely, have them add new N7 upgrades that when put together looked like the suit that they do now. They could have added an additional section the armor for under suit, this would change it so any part of the armor which isn't currently customizable would change. The reason this is a problem is because of the way it works I never use DLC armor even though I like the way they look. Linear areas, the game itself is non-linear but the areas aren't they provide little are that is not part of the beaten path. Sex scenes aren't long enough, Look I am not a pervert I do not necessarily want to see the character's naked, it is just that the scene with Liara in the first game was beautiful, you really felt the passion between the two, now they seem just like two people having sex. No Mako, but the firewalker has just been released, and hopefully in the future we will see more it. Multiple layers to the ship, I don't like having to load just to talk to one of my characters, then load to talk to another, then load to change my armor, and then load again just so I can select a planet to land one, which will have to load. Nothing gained by killing enemies.



Dragon Age



Pros: Good Story line. Lot's of characters. DLC that is available in multiple games, this is a feature I have never seen before and would to see more of in the future, because I think it is cool to be playing Dragon Age and then switch to Mass Effect and both my character have the same armor (this is not listed as a pro in Mass Effect 2 because although it includes this feature you have to have Dragon Age to implement it). A customizable character with a unique begrudging, again another new feature I have never scene before. Tom from Tunami. Character Conversation are hilarious. Lot's of Armor.



Cons: No free DLC. Boob boss. Apparently people make love with their clothes on, their may be no penetration, but hay that means no pregnancy, oh what there is. Again I am not a pervert I just don't it Practical, I understand they got **** for Mass Effect 1 but honestly that is just because people are idiots, we seen nudity in movies all the time, way more so than in Mass Effect. Hell I just watched The Butterfly Effect (watch directors cut, it is way more moving only movie I have cried in ever) and that included full frontal nudity and it didn't advance the plot at all really (granted I understand why it there), only rated R got no **** for it. Mass Effect 2 rated M for Mature include some side boob and a blurry ***, during one of the most emotional (also optional) love making scenes I have scene it literally was a union o

No comments:

Post a Comment